Sunday 25 February 2018

My bliss ball recipe!


Hi everyone!

I have been a bit creative in the kitchen recently. I am currently going through what I guess you could call a fitness journey, and I am trying my best to fill my diet with wholesome and nutritional foods. I am a major snacker, so for me these energy balls are perfect for on the go, and fill me with healthy fats and protein that really do keep me going until my next meal! If you would like to know how I make these super yummy energy balls, keep on reading!

So there isn't really any super strict recipe when it comes to making these energy balls. As long as what you are putting in them are healthy whole foods, you can go crazy with the different ingredients and combinations! Below are the current ingredients I have been using.

1-2 Bananas (depending on size)
Chia Seeds
Almond Butter
Pecans
Flaked Almonds
Rolled Oats
Honey/Maple Syrup
Cinnamon
Coco Powder
Protein Powder (optional)



1. Begin by mashing your bananas in a bowl with a fork. You want them to be a smooth as possible, get all the lumps out.
2. Begin to add your ingredients. There is no 'proper' way to do this, use as much or as little as you would like and mix it all together! Just ensure the consistency is quite thick and sticky (by adding more oats) , you want your bliss balls to hold their shape.



3. Line a cupcake tin with cake cases, and begin to shape your mixture into ball shapes. I tend to use a teaspoon to measure out the mixture, just so that they end up pretty much all the same size.
4. Once you have shaped all of your mixture into balls, place the tray into the oven and bake for 10-15 mins (depending on whether you would like them softer or firmer) at 200'C.




That's all there is to it! I hope you enjoy this recipe, and give it a go. Let me know in the comments what you think, and how your bliss balls turned out!
Much love
Beth
xo







SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beth Hughes
Blogger Templates by pipdig