Saturday 24 February 2018

Catching zzz's (well, trying to)!


I don't know what it is recently, but I have been having a lot of trouble getting and staying asleep. I find that I over think at night and my brain is constantly active. I have been trying out a few different things to help me drift off when I find myself laying awake watching the time go by. If you are in the same boat as me, keep reading as I have my top 5 tips on how to get to sleep.

1. Get a glass of water. I find that I usually cant sleep or stay asleep because I am dehydrated, or getting dehydrated. Get up, stretch your legs, take a few sips of some ice cold water to refresh your body (only sips though as there is nothing worse than needing a pee throughout the night!).

2. Read a book. I find that reading really relaxes me, and stops me turning to my phone or computer, which tends to wake me up even more due to the screen light! Make it a habit to read a chapter or even just a couple of pages before you fall asleep, it distracts your mind and stops you from scrolling mindlessly though your phone.

3. Write a list. I find that the main reason I cant get to sleep is because I have so much whizzing around my mind keeping me up! Whether it is thinking about the day I just had, or stressing about all the things I have to do tomorrow. I find writing a to do list for the following day, or even just a list of the thoughts in my head, can stop me worrying about all the things I need to be doing or worrying about, write it down, forget it, and deal with it tomorrow.

4. Keep your room cool. Open a window or use a fan, for me I cant think of anything worse than trying to get to sleep in a stuffy hot room. 

5. Get up and do something! I can't stand laying in bed watching the hours go by, getting more annoyed and fidgety by the fact that I cant get to sleep. Get up and use some left over energy, clean, write, listen to music. Try to distract yourself from the fact that you can't sleep, and then when you feel tired settle down and relax. Try to stay off your screen though!.

I hope some of these tips help you get a restful and refreshing nights sleep. If you have any tips that I have no mentioned then please do leave them in the comments below, as I would love to read them. Thanks for reading and sweet dreams! 
Much love
Beth 
xo
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beth Hughes
Blogger Templates by pipdig